Leading magazines, newspapers, national brands, and high-profile experts turn to me when they need persuasive, high-quality content that is consistently on time, on budget and on the mark. My custom and website content clients include The Wall Street Journal, General Electric, American Academy of Family Physicians, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Duke University Medical Center, Hearst Magazines, and Cleveland HeartLab.
I also provide project management and if needed, a team of writers with specialized subject matter expertise, designers and programmers for new website launches or a refresh of an existing site. Among the many custom and website content projects I’ve handled are these:
- Serving as lead health blogger/editor for GE’s healthymagination.com consumer website for two years. This job included creating monthly editorial schedules, assigning, editing and fact-checking articles posts by a team of freelancers that I built and oversaw, writing blog posts three times a week on health news and the company’s new products and innovations, and live tweeting events. Under my leadership, the blog repeatedly set new all-time record traffic records, accounting for nearly 90% of all visits to the site.
- Project management and editorial services for a major refresh of the GE Capital Americas website that included developing a 12-month editorial calendar, creating an online magazine, writing and editing articles on topics ranging from vehicle leasing and optimizing working capital to leadership lessons from General Colin Powell, and repurposing existing articles to showcase the company’s thought leadership in mid-market finance.
- Custom content for many Wall Street Journal special advertising sections on health, insurance, meetings and other business topics that included compelling anecdotes, surprising facts, lively quotes, and captivating copy.
- SEO-friendly website copy for Duke University Medical System’s new patient website, highlighting its expertise and leading-edge services in diagnosing and treating a wide range of complex medical conditions, drawing on interviews with its top doctors.
- Advertorials for Coca-Cola, McDonalds, Tamiflu, the Beverage Institute, the American Academy of Family Physicians (a 20-article advertising section), McDonald’s and many other national brands and organizations.
- Patient brochures on diverse medical conditions and celebrity health profiles and cover stories for Health Monitor Network, the leading direct-to-patient company with one of the largest marketing platforms in medical offices.